Skip to main content

Plastic Surgery – It’s Not an Easy Choice

Here I am, still contemplating whether I want to get Smart Lipo done on my thighs. I hate my thighs. Absolutely hate them! I know I posted some pictures before but this one really shows the issues that I was talking about.




The way the fat protrudes out is apparent no matter what I’m wearing whether it’s jeans or shorts. The only way I can get away from it is if I’m wearing a dress or a skirt.
But I’m not going to lie – I’m scared. Does it look bad now? Yes. But what if it ends up looking worse.

You may be wondering where this is coming from. Well – I must say, I regret getting the CO2 Laser Resurfacing done on my stomach. It may have improved my stretch marks SOME, but it caused other weird problems. I didn’t have divits before and now I do.



Granted. a tan would help too. However, I’ve been doing ab exercises every day. Switching it up constantly so that my body doesn’t get too accustomed to any one particular thing. Mind you, I haven’t put on any weight either but it certainly looks like I have. Damn, this picture depresses me. I do recognize that the before picture was only two weeks after the procedure so the skin was still going through the hardening/softening phase.

I woke out every day doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio but most days I do 45 minutes. I use a machine at the gym that is a combination between a stair machine and an elliptical. It’s a Cybex Arc Trainer. I don’t use my hands, they stay on my hips the whole time because I know I’m not doing myself any favors by redistributing my weigh across the machine. I tried to find a picture of the exact machine that’s at Planet Fitness. These are the best I could find.




I push myself so hard. I try to do more, do better, every day. I’m starting to feel defeated.



I’ve decided that I need to give myself more time. Time to see if having the procedure done is really what I want. It was an easy choice when I was considering doing my stomach. Look at this! Was there ever any hesistation? Hell No!



This is also really making me want to get a tan :) lol .. I’m a Florida girl .. tan is what we do .. I don’t think I’ve ever been so pale in my life. But, I hit the 30 mark, and the wrinkles seem to appear in bulk now.

I guess I should get to my point – having plastic surgery is not an easy decision. People may assume others have it done because it’s the “easy” solution. There is nothing easy about it. If you’re considering doing it because you think you’ll be more confident after – you won’t be. I still have all the same insecurities I had before. I definitely feel better in my clothes, but naked – I’ll always be a fat girl.

No one can make the decision for you. No one can persuade you it’s the right or wrong choice. Ultimately, you have to decide what you want, what risks you’re willing to take. There are no guaranteed outcomes. You lay on the table and hope for the best.

Comments

  1. Off course having a plastic surgery is not an easy choice but if you tried everything without any results, I'm sure considering plastic surgery is seen as the last chance to get what you want.
    This last photo shows the amazing power of aesthetic plastic surgeries.
    I had it done too a few years ago at Edelstein Cosmetic and the result was fantastic. Luckily my family supported me before and after the procedure so I didn't had to worry about at home problems or disagreements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d go with you, Flory! Having regular exercise together with a balance diet is a great choice for losing weight. However, it will surely test your patience and endurance. On the other hand, choosing plastic surgery wouldn’t hurt, though. As long as you can afford and you’re healthy enough to undergo certain procedures, then why not try? It’s just a matter of mulling things over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your time. Weigh all the pros and cons you could think of, and then, when you’ve come up with a decision of your own, go and ask for the surgeon’s advice and some other folks you know. In that way, it’ll be easier to come up with a final decision.

    Jacinto Hukle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thighs are a common problem area for most women. Wow, your effort is definitely paying off. You’re losing some inches, girl! Yes, it takes time to decide whether to have plastic surgery or not. But you should always know that there are professionals out there who have the perfect solution for you. You just have to make the decision and stick to it. Then everything else will fall into its proper place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every decision you make has a consequence. Same thing happens when you decide to go through plastic surgery. You have to consider a lot of things including your health, the cost, and if you’re going to be satisfied with the result. But at the end of the day, the decision is still up to you. Just make sure you’re going to be satisfied and happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that last statement of yours. In the end, it will always be your choice what to do in your life. If you want to undergo plastic surgery, go ahead. Just like you said, you must be willing to take the risk. Well, it would be great if you just gain all the benefits and take no risks, right? But, well, we’re not sure about that. What you need to do is to learn about the things that you need to consider before you go through with that procedure. Being prepared is the very best thing you can do. With that, you’ll end up feeling pretty confident with what you’re doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that you had a hard time making that decision, but based from the pictures, I think the results were pretty great. It is up to you now to maintain and improve that figure of yours with a healthy diet and proper exercise. I’m really impressed with that last picture you posted. It was such a great improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the feedback! I think the hardest part for me is knowing that I try so hard - everyday - and I am still battling the same issues I was 5 years ago. When I had the first procedure done, my boyfriend at the time was an Army Ranger. He would comment all the time that I was too hard on myself, too critical, that I worked out more than any guy he knows. I am dedicated! I go to the gym for an hour and a half six times a week. I had a personal trainer for three months and still had these issues. Some may be thinking it's diet related, but I am so strict with my diet too. That's not to say that I can't go out to dinner with my friends and order off the menu - I certainly allow myself that .. but it's only once or twice a month.

    I have decided to go through with getting my thighs done. I have my pre-op appointment on the first and the procedure is Nov 14th. I'm not expecting perfection, just improvement! The doctor has already told me that I may still need skin removal done. I will cross that bridge when I get there. :) I will be sure to post LOTS of pictures - as always!

    Have an awesome Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not an easy thing, but depends of the kind of surgery. Personally, I've underwent a Toronto liposuction procedure and it wasn't that bad... everything went well and I haven't had any kind of problems with it, not before and not after! I'm glad that I did this thing and I'm so satisfied of my results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After Pictures Update

I am truly sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Not a whole lot has changed in terms of my body as of late. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been working on my tan - and let's be honest, everything looks better tan! I've also put on a few pounds. I'm not sure if it's due to the stress at work or the sheer amounts of alcohol I've consumed as a result of that stress. Either way - I'm up to 187lbs, which is clearly not where I want to be. I've decided it's time to redirect my energy and start using exercise as an outlet instead of alcohol. It's not an excuse, but some days I just want to go out with friends and vent about all the things that are stressing me out - and as a society, what do we do to be social - either go to a bar for drinks or a restaurant for food. I did get my best friend to join the gym but that presented another problem - too much talking and not enough working out. Like with everything in life, it's

My Body - Today

I'm sorry I haven't updated pictures in a while.  Not a whole lot has changed other than the fact that I started working out again and went from 165lbs at the time of the procedure to 180lbs today.  I'm still in my size 8 pants but I can feel the difference.  My stomach feels swollen all the time for the extra weight.  No one else can tell because I still wear the body garment but I have got to do something to lose at least 10 lbs.  I'm extremely stressed out right now in my home life which I think is a driving factor, but come the 1st I'm moving so fingers crossed, life will improve tremendously.  Now this picture below, is with the flash on so it looks different than the one directly beneath it even though they were taken seconds apart.  This is what I mean when I talk about dimples on my stomach or bumpy looking.  It's not flat and smooth.  Unfortunately, you never know how the skin is going to reattach itself to the muscle.  You can see that

Lymphatic Drainage Massage Appointment 2

I went again today for another lymphatic drainage massage.  The massage therapist told me that I had a lot of fluid congestion in my hips.  I also have a crease right above my pubic area that just seems to be where my skin naturally folds when I sit down.  It's so deep that when I lay flat all night long, it's still hasn't worked itself back to normal by the next morning.  She spent a lot of time cupping that area, drawing the fluid to the top to pull out the skin. Today's appointment was pretty painful, I'm not going to lie.  But it's also very obvious that I still have a lot of swelling and fluid in the tissue.  It's been two weeks since I had the appointment.  It usually takes about 3-4 weeks for the swelling and fluid to finally dissipate.  One interesting thing that she told me was that our skin will take on the shape of things.  This is why it's important for us to wear a variety of clothing, particularly panties.  If you always wear the same p