Skip to main content

SmartLipo (aka Laser Lipo) – thighs

I went to the doctor on Tuesday to discuss having my thighs done since the Vaser Shape had no impact whatsoever.

I have been told by multiple medical professionals, including this doctor, that the thighs are the least forgiving area of the body in terms of skin retraction. There is no guarantee that if I do this my inner thighs won’t have sagging skin.

Is there ever a guarantee with anything in this life? Other than we all die at some point – I don’t think so. There is no reward without some risk.

I expressed my concerns to the doctor. Mainly, I’m scared of doing more harm than good. I know I’ve never posted any pictures of the hated thighs so it may be a little hard to understand my issue. The fat is very centralized to one specific area. Even the doctor commented on how bizarre it is. There is almost a distinct line down my top front center of my left thigh down into my inner thigh were the fat bulges. The skin all around it is tight and flat. I can’t wear shorts that fit around my waist because they’re too tight around my thighs.

I was trying on clothes tonight to pack for my trip to see my boyfriend. I have skirts that I used to wear all the time so I figured it’s summer time and it’s ubber hot in GA right now, might as well give them a try . . . *sigh* . . . some actually cut in above my thighs and bulged out.

Talk about depressing. I’m seriously wondering why I ever started running. My thighs have gotten HUGE. When I’m at the gym, I don’t compare them to the thighs of other girls – I compare them with the guys – more times than not, mine are bigger!

I took this candid earlier while trying on different skirts .. You can kind of see the start of the bulge on the inner left thigh right below the skirt line.

20120525-004435.jpg

It just makes me want to get the procedure done that much more – just in case there being enough friction between those thighs to start a forrest fire wasn’t enough of a reason :)

The doctor is also willing to cut me a break on the price. Inner thighs usually costs $3000. The doctor is willing to do it for $1800 since the Vaser Shape didn’t work out.
If, worst case scenario, the skin fails to retract like my stomach did, the doctor can remove the skin – literally cut it off. That is something she doesn’t want to do unless absolutely necessary. Is it sad that I’m not opposed or even concerned that may be the last option?

I think it just demonstrates how much I hate my thighs. To workout as much as I do, and eat the way I do, and still look like this depresses me.

People comment all the time that I have nice legs and I can’t even say thank you. All I think is, that’s only because I hide the disgusting part.

I haven’t decided when I’m going to have the procedure. I’m going to have to take 3 days off work so that’ll be factor. Mostly though, it’s summer time and it’s in the 80′s by 9am. Do I really want to wear a compression garment on my thighs for 2 weeks during the summer? Then there’s the money factor although I’m sure Visa would love some business :)

I’ll post a “before” picture when I go for the pre-op and you’ll definitely understand why this is so important to me. But I can also see why you may be thinking “she’s addicted” too.

Until next time :D

Comments

  1. mostly people out there who are very conscious of their body do the liposuction just to get rid of those fats..some are afraid of having wrinkles, we will all get old so be happy of God's gift and be contented of what you have..we are beautiful if we also have a beautiful heart..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know all the options that are available in terms of Liposuction, in order to choose the best for me! Actually i would like to have a Vaser Liposuction but there are dozens of techniques and i don't know what to choose. Besides you should know that i hate pain and i can pay up to $5000! Besides i live in london so it would be great if i could find a doctor there! Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Did you really turn into a veggie girl? How are you doing over 2 years after your smartlipo? Actually it looks easier than I thought…I’m having a smartlipo on Jan 1st, very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. combination af laser and vaser Liposuction gives you best result.Cost wise it will be little more but itis worth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After Pictures Update

I am truly sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Not a whole lot has changed in terms of my body as of late. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been working on my tan - and let's be honest, everything looks better tan! I've also put on a few pounds. I'm not sure if it's due to the stress at work or the sheer amounts of alcohol I've consumed as a result of that stress. Either way - I'm up to 187lbs, which is clearly not where I want to be. I've decided it's time to redirect my energy and start using exercise as an outlet instead of alcohol. It's not an excuse, but some days I just want to go out with friends and vent about all the things that are stressing me out - and as a society, what do we do to be social - either go to a bar for drinks or a restaurant for food. I did get my best friend to join the gym but that presented another problem - too much talking and not enough working out. Like with everything in life, it's

My Body - Today

I'm sorry I haven't updated pictures in a while.  Not a whole lot has changed other than the fact that I started working out again and went from 165lbs at the time of the procedure to 180lbs today.  I'm still in my size 8 pants but I can feel the difference.  My stomach feels swollen all the time for the extra weight.  No one else can tell because I still wear the body garment but I have got to do something to lose at least 10 lbs.  I'm extremely stressed out right now in my home life which I think is a driving factor, but come the 1st I'm moving so fingers crossed, life will improve tremendously.  Now this picture below, is with the flash on so it looks different than the one directly beneath it even though they were taken seconds apart.  This is what I mean when I talk about dimples on my stomach or bumpy looking.  It's not flat and smooth.  Unfortunately, you never know how the skin is going to reattach itself to the muscle.  You can see that

Lymphatic Drainage Massage Appointment 2

I went again today for another lymphatic drainage massage.  The massage therapist told me that I had a lot of fluid congestion in my hips.  I also have a crease right above my pubic area that just seems to be where my skin naturally folds when I sit down.  It's so deep that when I lay flat all night long, it's still hasn't worked itself back to normal by the next morning.  She spent a lot of time cupping that area, drawing the fluid to the top to pull out the skin. Today's appointment was pretty painful, I'm not going to lie.  But it's also very obvious that I still have a lot of swelling and fluid in the tissue.  It's been two weeks since I had the appointment.  It usually takes about 3-4 weeks for the swelling and fluid to finally dissipate.  One interesting thing that she told me was that our skin will take on the shape of things.  This is why it's important for us to wear a variety of clothing, particularly panties.  If you always wear the same p