Skip to main content

Procedure 1 - Upper Stomach & Back

Well, I had my stomach done again today. This will be the third time. The focus was above the belly button.

As I've been working out 6 days a week, doing abs 6 days a week, there have been some interesting changes on my stomach. Although the appearance is not perfect, there are still divots .. My lower stomach is rock hard. Above the belly button .. I refer to it as jelly belly! It's unbelievable how different it is.

During the pre-op, the conversation was centered around what needed to be done on my stomach. When I went in today, and I'm standing there practically naked, she had me keep turning so she could get an overall assessment of my body fat. The markers come out and the roadmap is drawn.

The doctor started on my stomach. Then she had me turn around so she could mark my back. I was standing there thinking, I totally didn't pay for all of this. When she was done, I got on the table and the prepping started. They sanitize your entire body area where the work is being done.

I'm not going to lie - I was extremely nervous. I knew they were going to be going over my ribs in the front, but now the doctor planned on doing it on my back. The ribs are so painful. So painful. They had me take two Valium and two hydrocodone before the doctor started.

The fun then begins! The doctor numbs the incision points and then starts cutting. I had four incisions. Two right above my hip bones and two on my my back at just about the same area.

First they start to numb the skin using a metal rod that distributes the numbing agent inside your body. You can feel the rod breaking through the fibers under the skin. As she got closer to and was going over the ribs, I got very tense and said the F word numerous times. The doctor apologized but told me that she's learned with me it's so much better to go fast and get it over with then to draw it out. I can handle extreme pain long enough for her to get it done in one attempt.

After my body was numb, the doctor inserted 4 ports. This was new. The doctor now does Vaser Shape Lipo. I guess the tip of the Vaser laser is extremely hot and the ports are put in to prevent burning the skin. This part only hurt when the laser got close to the skin. I had asked why she included this part. She told me that because its much hotter, it melts the fat much more quickly. When she had finished and removed the ports. There were yellow chunks of fat that has fallen out in the bad. Not huge chunks but something you may blow out of your nose if you had a sinus infection. (Yeah, sorry, that was the best I could come up with).

We then went on to using the laser she used the first two times. This was used predominantly to burn the underside of the skin to help with shrinkage. That was pretty quick as well.

Next, the worst part - the PAINFUL part. The suction. I looked at her and said "take it easy on me!" lol

The best thing you can do to get though the pain is to focus on your breathing. I am beyond adequately prepared for the breathing while giving birth at this point. I had significantly less fat on the right side of my body. The doc did that first. There were a few moments when I made screaming type noises. When she went over to my left side, it started ok but then started becoming extremely painful. When she had me turn slightly to get my side, I'm not sure of she hit my hip bone or what but I screamed! She tried to work through it but I kept screaming and literally started pulling away from her trying to get it to stop. It seemed like a long time, but it was probably a period of 15 seconds. I was crying. She decided to skip the side and got to the back. Again, more screams. This happens every time. The last part becomes very painful because my body metabolizes the numbing solution much faster than most people. Probably because I work out 6 days a week.

In that moment, the doc got very real with me. She told me that we have to finish, she understood it was becoming very painful but to see if I could get through it. I agreed and told her to start. I focused on breathing. I didn't make any "holy pain" noises unless it was bad. When she asked if I was ok, I didn't answer - just kept breathing. When she took a break, i asked for two more pain killers. There were two spots that she knew would be bad. The first that she stopped doing because I was screaming and one on my ribs. She told me, give me 10 seconds and its done. I said ok let's do it. The assistant counted, I kept doing my long deep breaths and got through it.

The last part, you have to stand up so the doctor can evaluate and look for misses spots/problem areas. Again, I screamed. The office manager came on the intercoms and said that there were a series of clients waiting for their follow up appoints and everyone could hear me. I was tempted to make a joke about a ball gag but I honestly just didn't have it in me. I was hurting so bad. I felt like the pain killers had no impact.

The doctor was running late because she decided to do so much more than we had originally planned for.

There were final touches done to my stomach and backs that were not only painful but hard to stand up long enough for. My legs were shaking something fierce.

Once done, I laid back on the bed and asked if I could have a moment to gain my strength. The assistant came back with a Sprite and pretzel sticks to help me increase my calories. I made the comment that the doctor did way more than what I paid for (which I paid the full amount in advance, which was what was quoted to me - not at any time was I concerned they were going to say that I owed more money. I definitely don't want anyone thinking that!!!) The assistant said that she had brought that up to the doctor and the doctor said, this is what needed to be done for her to have the best results, so I did it.

What doctor have you ever met that would do or say that?!?!??

Are you kidding me? I wanted to cry and hug her but I knew it'd hurt like a bitch lol

I can't wait to get my thighs done. I think I'll take my camera with me on Wed to get pictures of where I'm at two days out.

I've now had 11 liters of fat sucked out of my body. Some may disagree, but I think it's the best $12,800 investment I've ever made in myself.

I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I have them!!

Hope everyone had a safe and super fun holiday!

Comments

  1. Your account is exactly what I can recall happened to me. I had my procedure done 2 days a go. It was a bit painful. I'm just waiting to see my results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

After Pictures Update

I am truly sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Not a whole lot has changed in terms of my body as of late. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been working on my tan - and let's be honest, everything looks better tan! I've also put on a few pounds. I'm not sure if it's due to the stress at work or the sheer amounts of alcohol I've consumed as a result of that stress. Either way - I'm up to 187lbs, which is clearly not where I want to be. I've decided it's time to redirect my energy and start using exercise as an outlet instead of alcohol. It's not an excuse, but some days I just want to go out with friends and vent about all the things that are stressing me out - and as a society, what do we do to be social - either go to a bar for drinks or a restaurant for food. I did get my best friend to join the gym but that presented another problem - too much talking and not enough working out. Like with everything in life, it's

My Body - Today

I'm sorry I haven't updated pictures in a while.  Not a whole lot has changed other than the fact that I started working out again and went from 165lbs at the time of the procedure to 180lbs today.  I'm still in my size 8 pants but I can feel the difference.  My stomach feels swollen all the time for the extra weight.  No one else can tell because I still wear the body garment but I have got to do something to lose at least 10 lbs.  I'm extremely stressed out right now in my home life which I think is a driving factor, but come the 1st I'm moving so fingers crossed, life will improve tremendously.  Now this picture below, is with the flash on so it looks different than the one directly beneath it even though they were taken seconds apart.  This is what I mean when I talk about dimples on my stomach or bumpy looking.  It's not flat and smooth.  Unfortunately, you never know how the skin is going to reattach itself to the muscle.  You can see that

Lymphatic Drainage Massage Appointment 2

I went again today for another lymphatic drainage massage.  The massage therapist told me that I had a lot of fluid congestion in my hips.  I also have a crease right above my pubic area that just seems to be where my skin naturally folds when I sit down.  It's so deep that when I lay flat all night long, it's still hasn't worked itself back to normal by the next morning.  She spent a lot of time cupping that area, drawing the fluid to the top to pull out the skin. Today's appointment was pretty painful, I'm not going to lie.  But it's also very obvious that I still have a lot of swelling and fluid in the tissue.  It's been two weeks since I had the appointment.  It usually takes about 3-4 weeks for the swelling and fluid to finally dissipate.  One interesting thing that she told me was that our skin will take on the shape of things.  This is why it's important for us to wear a variety of clothing, particularly panties.  If you always wear the same p